HWCG LLC is a consortium of 18 deepwater operators in the Gulf of Mexico who have come together with the common goal of expanding capabilities to quickly and comprehensively respond to a subsea well containment event to protect people, property and the environment.
HWCG is made up of a diverse and experienced group of deepwater operators, representing two-thirds of the deepwater operators in the Gulf of Mexico and approximately half of all deepwater oil and natural gas production in the Gulf of Mexico.
Each HWCG member is committed to safe and responsible offshore drilling and prevention of a deepwater incident.
As a member of HWCG, each company provides expertise and resources that collectively help achieve HWCG’s ultimate goal of rapid intervention, response and containment.
Each company has made a financial investment to support the development of the group’s deepwater containment response system and committed to a mutual aid agreement, sharing assets and resources in the event of an incident.
Download our media kit for an overview of our organization and our leadership.
What We've Achieved
These milestones represent a selection of our achievements:
- First permit to resume deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico after the Deepwater Horizon well incident
- First permit from a permanent facility
- Full operability at depths of 10,000 feet
- An expanded flow back capacity of 130,000 bfpd
- Faster response times: deployed equipment and capped a test well in just six days, compared to the eighty-seven days needed to contain Deepwater Horizon